Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Introducing... Abby Boardman


Red and golden leaves decorate the trees around Pacific University's campus, and hundreds of Oregonians are braving the rain sans umbrellas. It's cider season at the local coffee shops, clouds line the sky, and the impending doom of midterms is hanging over every student's head. We all know this means that autumn has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest! Though not without some transitions for Pacific.

Around this time last year, Pacific University College of Optometry experienced a big change; the addition of Andrea Lybarger­­! She has been a phenomenal asset to these programs, impressing students, professors, and staff alike. Thankfully, this post is not to announce any departures, but another new arrival! My name is Abby Boardman, and I am excited to begin work as Andrea’s counterpart, and Pacific’s new Assistant Director for Graduate and Professional Admissions for the Optometry Program and M.A. in Counseling Psychology Program.
 
 I am a born-and-raised Oregonian, and I recently received my B.A. in Psychology from Pacific’s undergraduate program. My father also works at Pacific as a Math professor, and as I have grown, so has my knowledge of Pacific from all perspectives. When you want to know the ins and outs of the Grove, now you’ll know who to talk to! My hobbies are singing, yoga, crafting, and exploring Portland’s endless sea of restaurants. 

For the Grove-bound soul, there are plenty of things to do when you’re looking for time to kick back! Rainbow Lanes offers free bowling on Thursdays, and McMenamin’s Grand Lodge sports a fine Frisbee Golf course. On Wednesdays, the local Farmers Market gathers on Main St. for wonderful food, products, and music! However, as these cold fall days appear, one might want to be indoors catching a show at Theater in the Grove or grabbing a warm drink at Maggie's Buns. There’s always plenty to do around Pacific, and although I am in a different environment, I am thrilled to begin this new chapter of my life and to continue working with the Pacific community as it has truly become my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment